jueves, 24 de septiembre de 2009

Before the start of Transantiago I was in the school and I used very little the public transport, so that I can not say much of that time, but I think that the old buses were more uncomfortable and old. Just when Transantiago started I was in the south in vacations and I came to Santiago when the system was starting, so the change was very difficult to me, I had to do a test run to calculate how much I would take me go to the university. In that time, I used to take two bus and it took me like a fifty minutes, and I used to wait in the bus stop even more that twenty minutes, now it’s that much, I think it has been improving a little with time.

I recently changed from home and now I live closer to the university but the problem now is that you never know how time it's going to take the bus to pass, for example, get here I took from twenty minutes to an hour, and this is so much different.

I think that the system is better than in the beginning, but remains a poor transport system because there is no orden of times and Santiago have a lot of jams in the “pick hours” and I think that is even dangerous for people because it can cause a lot of accidents.

So, to improve the system I would regulate the frequency of the buses making it more reliable, that way people have more confidence in the system and I would campaign for people to take the initiative to use other means of transport.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario